- Project type: Rectifications
- Project value: R21 330 452.57
- Client: NHBRC/Eastern Cape Department of Housing
- Status: On-going
This is the longest running project in our books and the most challenging in terms of cash flow management due to delayed payments from the client. It entails structural rectifications and re-building of previously built low cost houses with poor workmanship in two areas of the Eastern Cape, namely Ezibeleni and Venterstad. It is anticipated that Afri-Devo will be awarded more houses in this province as it has the biggest backlog in the delivery of finished low-cost houses.
- Apart from the structural rectifications we were doing, we have had to play a supportive administration role in the project areas where we engaged with community leaders on a daily basis to resolve arising issues related to the project, as well as attend to the relocation of beneficiaries.
- With the NHBRC playing the role of the principal agent on the project, we have managed to keep up with their stringent quality requirements in line with Minister Sexwale’s clampdown on poor workmanship in all RDP houses.
- Despite our continued struggles with client payments, we have managed to stay on the cause of the project, much to the delight of the local communities in the project areas.